Many times, Psalm 23 is read in death bed ministry. But this Psalm was also meant for those who are living and follow the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob.
Look at these words and read them with me.
“The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies, you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.”
Look at this Scripture one more time and reflect on these facts:
1. By following the Lord and allowing Him to be our Lord & Savior, we will never want for anything. He will provide all that we need.
2. He makes us lie down in green pastures means that He many times wants us to rest in Him. We are recharged when He leads us beside still waters. He restores our soul. He makes us whole again.
3. As long as we allow Him to be our Lord & Savior, He leads us down paths of righteousness for His glory.
4. Even when we walk through the darkest valley, He never leaves us nor forsakes us. We could be facing death and He is with us every step of the way. It is through belief in Christ Jesus that we will have an inheritance in Heaven with Jesus.
5. Jesus’ rod and staff comforts us, like the shepherd of sheep. When sheep stray away, the shepherd uses the crook of the rod or staff to move the lost sheep back into the fold so nothing will happen to it. To know that Jesus is there to comfort us during our most difficult times is very comforting and reassuring.
6. Even if our enemies are attacking us, Jesus is there with us. He anoints our heads with oil. He prepares a table for us in the presence of our enemies. His relationship with us is such that our enemies are left out. Our salvation and relationship with Him is protected. No one or thing can rob us of eternal life with Christ Jesus. Our love for Christ Jesus will overflow our hearts.
7. As Followers of Christ Jesus, goodness and mercy will follow us all the days of our lives and we, when we die, will dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
This chapter in Psalms ministers to me daily. I pray that you will see that Christ Jesus loves you so much that He gave His life for you freely. Only through Jesus you will inherit eternal life and only through Jesus, you will be able to dwell in the House of the Lord forever.
Copyright August 3, 2021. Marketplace Evangelism Ministries Inc. All Rights Reserved.